Saturday, October 30, 2010

Courtney Summers Makes Me Laugh


Latest book blurb: Fall For Anything (December 21st, 2010/St. Martin's Press

When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. He seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on… but some questions should be left unanswered


BIO: Courtney Summers lives and writes in Canada where she divides her time between a piano, a camera, and word-processing program when she’s not planning for the impending zombie apocalypse.

Obviously, Courtney is joing me today for SISTERS SATURDAY. Yay!

So let's jump right in....where do you fit into the birth order in your family?
Courtney: I am the baby of the family.

Hmmm. Contemplating that... So..what is the age difference between you and your sister?
Courtney: 4 1/2 years.

Lots when you're little, not so much later. What's the best part about having your sister?
Courtney: I can always count on her to help me bury the bodies. I mean--wait, no, that's what I meant!

Yup that's what sisters do. What is the most challenging thing about being sisters?
Courtney: Pretending to like each other.

In public, or at Christmas dinner? Never mind-- I would love to be a fly on the wall at your Christmas dinners. I imagine you and your sister and your Mom dissecting Lady Gaga's wardrobe. Or her butt. So what are your roles in the family?
Courtney: She always tries to be the older sister and I always try to be the younger sister. ;)

Good plan. ;) but sometimes you have to reverse the roles. And trust me as a younger sister, it's kind of weird! Tell me about your fave childhood memory of your sister?

Courtney: It was Christmas Eve. I was a kid. My belief in Santa Claus was wavering. All of the adults were downstairs for our Christmas Eve dinner and my sister took me aside and told me that Santa had come way early and left us a sort of, pre-present in our stockings. I freaked! I checked my stocking and there was a lollipop inside! At first I suspected her... until she showed me the lollipop she'd found in HER stocking. That was proof enough. It made perfect sense that Santa made a pit-stop at our house just to give the two of candy. And thanks to my sister doing this, I continued to believe in Santa until well--just the last year.

Awww... that is much sweeter than burying bodies! Does your sister know secrets about you? Can you share one? How about one of her secrets?
Courntey: Yes and no. And no. Wait, here's one of her secrets: hot purple is NOT her natural hair colour. Don't tell her I told you, though.

What is something you never tell your sister, but you should?
Coutney: I'm lucky to have a very open relationship with her. And if we didn't, I think I'd have to tell her that something before I told the entire Internet or else she'd beat me up! :)

Well. I don't want that on my account. Seriously though. Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE your books. And your twitter posts almost as much! Your sister is a lucky gal!

Courtney and her sister

Thanks for stopping by for SISTERS SATURDAY!Check back next week when I talk to C.LEE MCKENZIE about her sister!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a sister, but man, if I did, I'd want us to have a relationship just like you guys, Courtney. I'm so tired of dealing with bodies all on my own. And the amount of money I spend on Hefty Bags ... let's just say, it'd be nice to have someone to share that with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda. If you need help moving bodies, just call....

    ReplyDelete