Thursday, January 6, 2011

NEW YEAR'S MEME

And now, without further ado, a MEME!


1. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?


More time to write. Which I have already lined up since I quit my part time job and will devote that time to writing for a while.

2. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Etched. That sounds almost painful. But. Hmm. How about December 15. Superson's birthday, which is carved into my gray matter. In a good way.

3. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Two book deals was pretty darn amazing!

4. What was your biggest failure?

I really wanted to finish my book called INSTINCT, but was working and was not as productive as usual in the writing area. This year I will finish Instinct and one more book as I quit my other job and will have more time to devote to writing.

5. What was the best thing you bought?

Yoga clothes from Lululemon in much smaller sizes than last year! I am now a trendy stay at home mom with Lulu pants. Actually I kind of did a lot of shopping this year.

6. Whose behavior merited celebration?


My husband. My son. Different reasons, but the people you love always are the cause of celebration, right?

7. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

The guy who wrote books about how to molest children and sold them on Amazon appalled me. I think my own reaction to things depressed me at times, but life is about growing, right?

8. Where did most of your money go?

The boy. The cottage. The bills.

9. What song will always remind you of 2010?


Teenage Dream by Katie Perry will always remind me of driving to swim practice with my son.

10. Compared to this time last year, are you...

i. happier or sadder? Happier I think. I’m excited about the new books coming out

ii. thinner or fatter? Actually I am thinner. I lost a lot of weight in 2010. Keeping it off will prove to be the challenge!

iii. richer or poorer? Mostly the same.

11. What do you wish you'd done more of?


I wish I’d done more volunteering at son’s school. I miss seeing him there. This year for sure!

12. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Worrying about things I have no control over. Also less time wasting on the Internet.

13. What was your favourite TV program?


Hmmmm. It would have to be GLEE

14. What was the best book you read?

Wow. That`s a really hard choice to make.  So I won't. Ha ha.

15. What was your favourite film of this year?

HMM. Not an overwhelming favorite, but I'd have to go with Inception.

16. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I went to the Cheesecake café and ate a giant piece of chocolate cake. I am right slap in the middle of forty.

17. What kept you sane?

Son`s swim practices when I work out.

18. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I fancy Johnny Depp.


19. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:


Hug the ones you love hard. We`re not here forever.

20. Word you said often enough that it should have been your catchphrase:


Pokemon.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for book deals and loved ones and happiness! Wishing you all the best in 2011, Janet. :)

    ReplyDelete