Friday, July 8, 2011

Missing in Action

I have been completely missing in action! Yes I have. I have been to Winnipeg for my niece's grad and she is far too beautiful for her own good. Hee hee.



Niece and Grandma

I also had a wonderful book signing at the amazing INDIE - McNally Robinson. Such a great store and wonderful people who work there! Some old friends came by and I even did a reading!!


Came home for two parties and then immediately headed to BC for cabin building. And no Internet. Eek! No Internet! I painted and painted but also managed to find a couple hours to finish my short story for the Debs FIRST anthology. Whew!!


Back home now for a quick few days and then back to BC. Did I mention the pile of laundry I am facing today??? Did I mention how behind I am on all my writing "stuff"? Did I mention I haven't exercised and that I've been eating nonstop for weeks??

Oh and I also learned just yesterday that I am a new AUNTIE!!! My younger brother and his wife and son are the proud new parents of a little baby girl from China. They will be going to pick her up in China to welcome her to their family in September. So excited for them. It was a long time coming and they will be fabulous. I can't wait to meet her though we live so far away I may have to wait awhile.

Last of the good news....my review of I'M NOT HER came in for the SCHOOL LIBRARY JOURNAL. And they liked it, they really liked it!!! Hooray!!!!!

"The author seamlessly develops complexity in all of the characters ...This quick and heartbreaking read realistically shows how one person’s illness affects an entire community"

No comments:

Post a Comment