Tuesday, August 30, 2011

IF I TELL CYN BALOG, what will she do?

Now THIS woman who is talented and prolific! 

Cyn Balog is the author of the young adult paranormal novels FAIRY TALE, SLEEPLESS, and STARSTRUCK and also--coming in 2012, TOUCHED and in 2013, DEAD RIVER.

Cyn lives outside Allentown, Pennsylvania with her husband and daughters. Visit her online at http://cynbalog.com/





Hey Cyn. Nice photo.  Great hair. Hate you a little. Oh just kidding! I love Cyn and her books are truly amazing. So lets chat. Are you good at keeping secrets? Why or why not?

CYN: Yes, depending on the secret. I tend to want to tell good news to people too soon.


Uh oh. Surprise parties drive you wild then? Me too actually. What about forgiveness? Do you easily forgive friends for their mistakes? What is something you could never forgive a friend for?

CYN: Yes, I do forgive people easily. I am fully aware I am not perfect, so I don't expect others to be. I do think owning up to one's mistakes is the most important thing. But if a person makes the same mistake consistently, well, that's another story! There is no excuse for stupidity.


True dat! Once is learning -over and over is just not making best use of the old noodle. So, let’s just go ahead and stereotype you for a moment, okay! What kind of a teen were you, as in what “group” did you associate with?(cheerleader, Goth, nerd, jock , loner etc.)

CYN: I was a studious loner. I liked to say I drifted among the crowds but that's probably because nobody wanted to hang out with me. Maybe because I tell secrets all the time.

I refuse to believe no one wanted to  hang with you.  Nah uh, can't make me. I refuse to believe. *hands over my ears* Shy. Yes. I get that. I like that you were studious. I forgot to do that in high school. Ooops. All right, describe your fave teen outfit.

My favorite outfit I wore as a teen was my purple miniskirt and my high black boots!

See how could no one like you if you were wearing a PURPLE miniskirt and high black boots. A studious cool dresser. Boys were secretly in love with you and girls wanted to be your friend but you didn't know it! I am in awe! All right, last question, if you could go back to high school knowing now what you didn’t know then, what is one thing you would change? What do you wish you could have told your teen self

CYN: I probably wouldn't have spent so much time on my appearance. I swear, I spent HOURS getting ready for school and fretting if one hair was out of place. There are so many other, more worthwhile things I could have done with that time.

I was terrible at doing hair. I still am actually. I would have tried to be more studious too. Like you.  And worn shorter skirts when they actually would have looked good on me! (in my high school years it was jeans/cords 24/7)

Thanks so much for coming by Cyn. Oh and CONGRATS for STARSTRUCK appearing in ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY!! How cool is that?!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing yourself with us, Cyn. Love the covers of your books. Beautiful... And BTW, I spent forever doing my hair everyday before heading off to high school. Haha...

    Great interview, Janet. :)

    ReplyDelete